Sometimes. an author of a book might use certain techniques in their writing to help us understand and interpret the book
Here are some of the most common techniques used by authors...
- Figurative language - the use of words that go beyond their meaning
- foreshadowing - is a way of indicating or hinting at what will come later
- Imagery - formation of mental images or figures
- Irony - the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of the literal meaning
- Metaphor - a figure in speech where a comparison is made between two unlikes things
- Simile - a figure in speech where a comparison is made between two unlike things most likely using "as" or "like"
- Tone - the pitch of language someone's speaking in
- Symbolism - representing things by symbols
- Repetition - repeated action
- Personification - a figure of speech in which a motionless object or abstraction is given human qualities or abilities